Sunday, February 27, 2011

Full Tilt!

Clinicals are going great! We really are taking the responsibility this semester. I have been enjoying it so much. Going to clinicals just reassures me that I am doing the right thing! I was on progressive cardiac unit for 2 shifts last week and it was great, I really like cardiac care. My patient was in for a rule out MI (have a pt stay overnight to see if they will have a heart attack and do tests to see if they have had a heart attack). My patient actually started having a heart attack on my second shift, and we ended up shipping them up to sacred heart, but not before we got to run around like chickens with our heads cut off.. I know it may sound horrible to you but I enjoyed the stress! It was encouraging this last week to have clinicals go so well.. again just reassurance.
Other than that we have our next med-surg exam coming up on friday, and we have a million other things going on right now too... they really pile the assignments and papers on. Wish me luck! I will be back soon to talk about code review and simulation!

Bon Soir!

1 comment:

  1. Your entries are always fun to read. You continue to have excitement and enthusiasm in your writing voice. That makes me really happy. I knew that you would find that one special thing that would spark your interest and get you flying. Keep up the good work. You are in my thoughts daily and my prayers every morning!!!!! Love you Chicken!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete