Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time to think

It's finally the weekend and I have had the chance to reflect on my first week of school. Three words that would describe it are overwhelming, exciting, and challenging. I can definitely see my work cut out for me.

 On top of 6-9 hours of class or lab each day, we have a quiz in every class each week (5) and assignment due for each class (5) and multiple readings for each class. Not to mention preparation work for the next week and clinicals. I don't believe the word "bored" will be in my vocabulary this semester!

Overall the first week was crazy, and I'm excited to see how I handle this challenge and how it changes me and makes me grow up. I think it will be a fun ride! First clinicals are this Tuesday and I will be starting at 7am at Lewiston Rehab which is very close to my house. We get to choose an "anchor" resident and we get to examine them, do a health history check, drug research regarding their condition(s), and the fun part, we get to know the patient. We do a full work up on them, and we are with the same patient the whole 5 weeks of our LTC assignment. I am excited to finally start doing RN work compared to CNA work, I think it will be a big learning experience!

I am excited to start practicing my calling!

I will post again soon!

7 comments:

  1. I am really excited to hear about your clinicals. It makes me happy to know that you are living your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you are getting all that you wished for! Stay busy, stay fresh, study hard, enjoy your youth. Have a great week, keep us posted. Lovin' you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lame, suppose you are studying..............really! How am I supposed to stay current without phone calls, letters, or blogging?
    Lovin' YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just trying to stay current! Gotta be some news to add by now.............jk............Imagine you are quite busy with your classes, studies, work, etc......keep the fire burning, keep the desire alive.
    Lovin' You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DID IT!!!! I figured out how to get on here. I am excited that I can keep up and join in on the fun here.
    I am headed home. Keep up the good work. You are meant to be in this place you are in. Everything is falling into place for you and I am so glad for you. You deserve every bit of it, too!!! You have worked so hard and it shows.
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    You have a FAN CLUB!
    Enjoy, study, sleep, work, socialize live it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete